Buckwheat is a nutritious gluten-free alternative. It sprouts easily and can be incorporated into many dishes. Sprouted buckwheat salad is delicious as a light lunch or as a side dish to a main meal. Sprouting, makes the buckwheat easier to digest and significantly increases the nutrient content.
½ cup of chopped green leaves (rocket, watercress, romaine lettuce etc)
½ cup chopped fresh vegetables (radish, cucumber, etc)
½ cup pre-cooked sprouted buckwheat
1 tsp virgin olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
Seasonings of choice (optional such as black pepper, sea salt etc)
Chopped Herbs (optional, such as coriander, chives, mint, flat-leaf parsley)
Protein -Optional (½ cup chopped fish, meat, chicken, beans or nuts/seeds)
- Make dressing by combining oil with lemon juice with seasonings.
- Mix the cooked sprouted buckwheat, with herbs and chopped vegetables.
- Pour dressing over the sprouted buckwheat and vegetable mixture.
- Additional seasonings such as spices: chopped fresh chillies, cinnamon, ground ginger, pomegranate powder etc
- Gogi berries add a subtle sweetness to the salad