Fish broth made from slow cooking fish bones contain many minerals which support bone and joint health. By adding vegetables and sprouted lentils the broth becomes a tasty nutritious meal.
1 cup sprouted beans
500 ml fish bone broth
1 cup mushrooms
Salt (optional) to taste Juice of 1/4 lemon or lime
Spices (optional: 1 bay leaf, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin etc)
Herbs (optional: chopped mint, coriander or flat leaf parsley)
- Chop up the vegetables into bite size pieces
- In a pan bring the fish bone broth up to the boil
- Add the chopped vegetables and sprouted lentils
- Add bay leaf
- Add salt to taste and any spices of your choice
- Add the juice from either 1/4 of a lemon or lime
- Gently simmer until vegetables and sprouts are tender.
- Check taste and adjust if necessary
- Sprinkle chopped herbs into the broth