This tasty relish is an easy way of eating fresh green leaves with your. Coriander helps the liver to detoxify and helps to draw toxicity out in th digestive tract. Coriander and mint both act as digestives and can help to prevent bloating and spasm.
1 cup fresh coriander
1 cup fresh mint
1 small red onion
¼ sharp green apple such as granny smith
1 small green chilli (optional)
1 garlic clove (optional)
1 tbsp virgin olive oil
1-2 tsp fresh lemon Juice
Unprocessed salt to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a chopper & process until mixture is finely chopped but not over processed & pureed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary
- Coriander and mint may be replaced with other suitable herbs such as parsley, chives, basil, etc.
- Additional green leaves like watercress, rocket, romaine lettuce may also be added
- Apple may be replaced with tomato
- Onion may be replaced with spring onion or shallots
- Additional super foods like barley grass, spirulina may also be added
- Seaweeds like kelp can also be used for flavour and is a valuable source of minerals