Cooked fruit is easier to digest than raw fruit and is recommended when digestion is weak
Juice of 1-2 oranges
1 firm pear
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
(Optional) unrefined sweetener to taste (jaggery, ghur, Rapadura)
(Optional) 1 stick of cinnamon
- Place fresh orange juice into a pan & add the vanilla extract and cinnamon stick
- Peel pears and add to the orange juice mixture.
- Poach until pear is tender
- Remove pear from the cooking liquid and set aside in a suitable dish
- Add a little unrefined sweetener to taste to the cooking liquid.
- Simmer the orange cooking liquid until it has reduced down further. Strain and pour the orange syrup over the pear and chill
- Serve pear & orange syrup chilled with some melted carob bar drizzled over