These cacao flavoured truffles are a tasty treat, made from dates, nuts and a touch of cacao powder
½ cup of sticky natural dates
¼ cup of almonds
1 tbsp of cacao powder
Coconut milk (optional)
1 tsp virgin coconut oil (optional)
- Place dates, nuts, coconut oil & cacao powder into a food chopper & process until mixture has a crumble-like texture.
- The mixture may be sticy enough to be pressed and rolled into truffles, if not add a little water or coconut milk
- Roll each truffle in some chopped almonds or cacao powder.
- Chill in refrigerator
- Dates may be replaced with apricots, figs, prunes or raisons.
- Almonds can be replaced by any suitable nuts or seeds.
- Almonds may be pre-soaked if required. Soaked almonds will be easier to digest and are less dehydrating than non-soaked
- Bee pollen or goji berries may also be added.
- Truffles may be dipped in a little melted dark chocolate or rolled in desiccated coconut, cacao powder or chopped nuts/seeds.