The combination of freshly juiced apple and coriander is a powerful detoxification aid and one of my personal favourites. This is the juice I make to help resolve issues like acidity, aches/pains and skin irritations .
Coriander has an amazing ability to bind with toxic materials including heavy metals like mercury, cadmium, aluminium and lead. It supports the liver with detoxification and stimulates it to produce bile.
Coriander aids digestion and it is packed with many beneficial nutrients including:
- Anti-oxidants like beta-carotene, vitamin C and E
- Vitamin K (promotes wound healing)
- Trace amounts of B vitamins
- Trace amounts of essential fatty acids
- Magnesium (essential for muscle/nerve functioning) particularly useful for cramping, muscle twitches, spasms and helps calm the body
- Minerals like calcium, potassium, sodium, iron and manganese
- Chlorophyll the green pigment found in green plants like coriander. Chlorophyll is an electron-rich food, which helps to alkalise, build blood and promote oxygenation.
Apples are rich in the soluble-fibre called pectin, which also has the ability to bind to toxic heavy metals. Apple combines well taste-wise with coriander and synergistically works with it.
If regularly consumed, coriander and apple juice helps to alkalise the body. Its anti-microbial properties combined with its strong nutrient profile could be a useful aid to help lower pain from inflammation and promote healing. Coriander and apple juice could also help with issues like high blood pressure/cholesterol and blood sugar management.
1 cup of fresh coriander (leaves and stems) or just take a handful
Juicer or blender
- Wash apple/coriander well then push coriander through juicer with the apple.
- If you don't have a juicer but have a blender then blend apple and coriander with some water . Then pass the blended juice through a fine muslin cloth. Gather the cloth around the pulp and squeeze to extract further juice.
For maximum benefits, drink immediately.
If you are taking medication like blood thinners or medicines for lowering blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol then please be aware that coriander taken regularly in a juice also thins the blood and lowers blood sugar/pressure/cholesterol. Please consult your health professional for further advice.
- Hughes and Letner. “Chlorophyll and Hemoglobin Regeneration,” American Journal of Medical Science, 188, 206 (1936)
- Kohler, Elvahjem and Hart. “Growth Stimulating Properties of Grass Juice,” Science. 83, 445 (1936)