What is Sole?
Sole is a saturated salt solution made from natural unrefined salts like Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt. When water combines with salt, the positive ions of the salt surround the negative ions of the water molecules and the negative ions of the salt surround the positive ions of the water molecules. In this process the geometrical structure of the salt and the water is changed and a new structure is formed!
The name Sole is derived from the Latin word 'sol' meaning sun and refers to the salt crystal's ability to harness and store the energy of sunlight!
Here's how to make Sole from Himalayan Crystal Salt
All you need is a glass jar with a lid, some Himalayan salt and filtered water or Spring water.
Place an inch or two of Himalayan salt crystals in the jar and fill with filtered or spring water.
Place the jar on a window sill where it can absorb sunlight. Leave for 24 hours.
The next day if the crystals have completely dissolved then add some more salt crystals. Repeat the process until the salt crystals no longer dissolve in the water and are visible. This is called Sole and is a saturated solution of Himalayan salt.
Once made up, Sole does not go off or bad as it is naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal. Store with the lid on at room temperature. As you use up the Sole, more water and salt may be added to keep it topped up.
What are the Main Benefits?
Himalayan salt contains over 84 minerals so Sole made from Himalayan salt can help to supply the body with these minerals and trace minerals.
- The minerals contained within Sole helps the body to alkalise by neutralising excess acidity within cells.
- If Sole is taken regularly and as part of a nutritional/cleansing programme, the minerals within Sole help towards normalising blood pressure, blood sugar and cravings. These issues are made worse when minerals like calcium, sodium, magnesium and potassium in particular become imbalanced within the body. Regular use of Sole may help to address these imbalances.
- Minerals within Sole helps to regulate balanced nerve and muscle functioning.
- Minerals within Sole helps to improve digestion and balance the gut flora.
- Sole is naturally antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal and may be used to cleanse cuts, bites. It may even be used as a mouth wash and for gargling.
How To Take Sole
Mix 1 teaspoon of sole in a glass of water and drink first thing in the morning before eating and drinking. Use a plastic spoon as metal may interfere with the vibrational pattern of Sole
Wait at least 5 minutes before eating or drinking. If you get a reaction such as upset tummy or a headache then cut back and work up slowly to 1 teaspoon of Sole in a glass of water.
Avoid processed commercial table salt in the diet as this is an unbalanced product. Do not use processed salt to make Sole
- One teaspoon of Himalayan Salt Sole contains approximately 410 mg of sodium. This small amount of salt should not not be an issue even when taken regularly.
- Consult a qualified practitioner before adding any new supplements, especially if pregnant, nursing or if you have a medical condition.