In this recipe I am making truffles out of the left over oats and coconut from making oat and coconut milk. These leftover soaked oats still contain valuable nutrients.
1 cup leftover oats from making oat milk
1 cup leftover coconut from making coconut milk
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup dried dates (destoned)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp honey
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- Mix the left over oats and coconut together with 1 cup of rolled oats.
- Melt the coconut oil and pout over the oat mixture. The mixture should have a crumble like texture.
- Place the oat mixture into a flat baking tray and press down to form a thin layer
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Leave the oat and coconut crumbs to cool. When cool blitz in a food processor until you have a crumb-like texture
- Place oat/coconut crumbs into a bowl and wash dates. Check for any stones then place dates in to the food processor along with cinnamon powder and honey. Blitz until the dates have been broken down but still have some texture.
- Now add the oat crumbs and blitz again until you have a crumb texture which will stick together when you press some mixture between your fingers. if the mixture is too dry add a little water.
- Take small balls of the mixture and roll into truffles or shape into bars.
- Chill in the fridge